24.6.14

Bok Tower


There is this AMAZING place here in FL called the Bok Tower Gardens that was built by a man named Edward Bok in the 1920's. He built the tower and gardens to be a place where beauty and peace could be witnessed in even the smallest of places. From the sunsets atop the largest hill I have ever seen in Florida, to the smallest little ponds where tiny tadpoles swim beauty can be seen.

 I have been coming here since I was younger and no matter how many times I come, this place never ceases to amaze me. It may literally be the most quiet, peaceful and beautiful places I have ever been too. I could literally spend hours just photographing the natural beauty of the Bok Tower gardens. 

The Tower itself is spectacular and is very Art Deco inspired as was much of the architecture of the times. I love the colorful stone and marble carvings that make up the tower. You can really tell that so much detail was put in to this work of architecture. 

There is a saying above the entry way when you first walk in that reads "Make you the world a bit better or more beautiful because you have lived in it." As someone who enjoys finding and capturing the beauty in the world through photography and art, I find this to be truly inspirational. 

~M~

2 comments:

  1. I love it. Where is it? I'm in florida too but never knew about that. Nice post and lovely outfit.

    Love, KS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katty! (: This is in Lake Wales Fl. What part of Fl are you from?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...